Monday, May 28, 2007

Botany Bolt....or crawl

I have decided to blog my experiences over the next 28 weeks on the road to becoming a mum. Initially I was not keen and then I thought it was a great way to record how I am feeling and what I have been up too. It might be incredibly boring for anyone poping in, but I am sure this will all feel like blur to me come December so it will be fun to look back on the whole thing.

Yesterday was the Botany Bolt.... a 4km cross country run put on by Randwick Botany Harriers. Ray and I headed out to support Sean. I have been running 5kms 4 times week over the past 8 weeks but I was feeling a little self concious about running in a timed event. Thankfully Bernie agreed to escort me and the little one around the course. Now I will admit to completely avoiding anything that resembles a hill over the last 8 weeks....well because I can :-) So the mountain in the middle of Mutch park was a bit of a shock! Once the gun went off Bernie and I were left at the back of the pack to do the Sweeping duties. We chatted the whole way....to make sure I did not over do it and the winning male came in just as we had done our first lap. On the second lap Cindy yelled out to smile as she took a photo.... great just what you want!! We finished in about 25 mins and it felt great!

Two more days until the end of the first trimester...yeah! One down...three to go! I am hanging out for the energy levels to return and I can say good bye to the exhaustion!

2 comments:

Tesso said...

Good idea keeping the blog going Katie. We all want to know how you are getting on and it will be fun to follow your exciting new journey :)

In answer to your question I'll be next for C2S. Can't wait!

Ewen said...

A mountain? You flew up one of those back in March :)