Wednesday 28th February
Today: 8km
Week:25km
Month: 340km
Year:710km
Well it is the last day of Feb and only 10 days til the big event! I am feeling a mixture of excitment and fear! My strategy until last night was to just focus on my training and not really think about race day. Last night I started to think about goal times, race plan, gu's splits etc. I am going to stay at my sister's the night before so it will not take as long to get to the mountains and I am going to pick my stuff up on Friday and then spend the rest of the day with my mum relaxing. I have worked out my race day shorts, undies and sock routine and need to get some more gu and dried pinneapple for race day. I feel really prepared....I can visualise the whole course and have been rehersing in my mind how I want to feel at different spots. I actually really enjoy visualising running the race well.... I don't know if it helps or not but I like it :-) I figure if I think about it going well and to plan it will help me feel relaxed and confident on race day.
Todays run was a bit of a grind. I felt tired and had heavy legs. We ran for 8kms average pace about 5:50/km..... this felt ridiculously hard today! Great company though and a great way to start the day.
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Best of luck for next week Katie, you have done all the right training so you'll have a great race for sure! :)
There's quite a log of research that shows that visualisation is a great way of improving performance. It's a technique I use a lot with my clients and I know that sports psychologists recommend it :)
umm Katie.... I do hope you are going to where a crop top at least, everything else seems be covered. Seriously, it's time to sit back and enjoy the next couple of day and see the curtains fall on Operation FF and get ready for Operation MI.
You ARE really perepared Kit.
One of the things I'm really looking forward to on the day is seeing how well you go.
It is getting exciting Kit! You're in good shape, so you needed worry about that bit.
Visualisation for 6' is a great idea. Especially the bit from Pluvi to the finish - feeling strong and running along with no problems :)
You are going to have a sensational race Kit. You've had a wonderful preparation - good luck & most importantly enjoy it!
Post a Comment