Saturday, December 29, 2007

Out and about....

Yesterday afernoon at about 4pm I restrained my huge boobs and managed to get out the door after finishing feeding charlie. She has been a little unsettled this past few days so Dad put her in the pram and walked with me and then watched me do my 2km run around the soccor fields. It felt easier today and I managed to run a little quicker without realising. I stopped at the 2km mark....still feels like enough at the moment. I might start running around Old park near home....it is a 1.2km loop and has a few little hills to make it interesting and a lot more people around.

Chalrlie just cruised along with Dad in the pram and enjoyed the outdoors. I think Clairie mentioned that exercse causes extra breast milk.....which I discovered for my self when I got home :-) It was really quite warm outside, but there is nothing like having to fit things in around feeds to get you dressed and out the door without so much as a complaint of the warmth!

Charlie was quite unsettled yesterday and I battled to get her to have sleep during the day....she then crashed and slept for a long time which was lovely.....except she then got up every 2 hours to feed through the night! Groan....I was a bit of a zombie this morning! Again after her 5am feed she was not wanting to go back to sleep, so instead of trying to get her off and failing I just put her in the pram and went for a walk....we were up any way and no one was going back to bed! Dad went for his run and us two girls cruised the neighbourhood. It was much nicer than listening to her cry as we tried unsuccessfully to settle her down like yesterday!!
If this is going to be the pattern I will just get up and go for a walk at this time and make use of morning....at least it was cooler! I found the crying stressful yesterday....not the noise, rather not knowing what was wrong or what to do to make her feel better. My wonderful sister reassured me that she was ok and that this was just what they do! I also spoke to a baby nurse who reassured me that from about 3 weeks they get quite unsettled as they are trying to get used to being out in the world. She said to just comfort her and that she will be less and less unsettled as time progresses. As a mum you feel like you should automatically know what to do and how to make your baby feel better....but they are there own little person and can not explain what is happening- she might have been just having a bad hair day!

The days are ticking by and she will be 4 weeks soon! I will upload some more pictures and post some more soon. She is growing each day and starting to get some little fat rolls around her arms and legs....so cute!!!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

I am just catching up on your blog Kit. Congratulations (belatedly) on the birth of your gorgeous daughter. She is soooo cute!

Good to hear that you are listening to your body - and that Charlie likes going for walks ;-)

Take care of yourself.

jacspi said...

Katie, u could try a baby sling, pop her in after feed when due for a nap, and then just go about your business. Sometimes they like that, and at least you can get a bit done.

CU, Di H.

Clairie said...

I agree with Jac about the sling. I used a Baby Bjorn and it allowed me to hang out the washing and do a few other things. Word of warning though - get them used to it AFTER a feed. I put Billy in before his feed and he screamed for ages before I realised...as my husband said - ït'll be like a big steak carrying me around...referring to my full boobs against Billy :)))

I did exactly what you did (and I still do) when he is up in the morning I don't try to force him back to sleep just so I get a few more hours, I take him out in the pram and after 45mins we are both tired and he has a feed and then we can both crash for an hours nanny nap. I have no problems sleeping at any time of the day for 15mins or 2 hrs. Though now he is getting older I am finding it easier to do all the things that need getting done when he is sleeping so I don't sleep during the day much anymore. Maybe 30mins around 3pm. But I'd do that anyhow with or without a baby :))))

Tesso said...

Hope Charlie and Billy get to meet one day and talk about their crazy mums :-)

Happy 2008 to you and Razor and Charlie!